Needham Historical Society


Evangelical Congregational Chapel, c. 1895.
This chapel, for which Chapel Street was named, was built in 1859 when the Congregational parish was established. The chapel was sold in 1890 when the Congregational Church built its new structure on the corner of Great Plain Avenue and Linden Street. It served as the Roman Catholic Church for a few years while St. Joseph's was being built. It was later used for dwellings, and was demolished in 1928, when Chapel Street was extended to meet May Street.

Previous




Copyright 2003, Needham Historical Society