Needham Historical Society


The Fowler Block, c. 1905
E.B. Fowler built a series of retail buildings on his former house lot, along Great Plain Avenue between Chestnut Street and Dedham Avenue. The first building (on the right in this view) housed his grocery store and the rest were let out to other businesses. The first building, the long-time site of Harvey's Hardware, burned down in 1977 and was replaced by Harvey's current store. The other two are still standing behind their more modern facades, recognizable only at the roof line.

Previous




Copyright 2003, Needham Historical Society