Needham Historical Society


The Kingsbury Block, c. 1890
Named for a prominent Needham family, the Kingsbury Block was built between the Moseley Block and the train tracks in 1887. Like its neighbor, it had retail establishments on the ground floor and meeting rooms above. This building was a familiar town landmark, in later days the location of The Olde Curiosity Shop, until it burned down in 1980. It was replaced shortly thereafter by the current brick structure.

Previous




Copyright 2003, Needham Historical Society