Needham Historical Society


The Moseley-May-Bourne Building, circa 1900
This commercial block, named for its various owners, stood at the SW corner of Great Plain Avenue and Chestnut Street, currently the site of Simply Stated Interiors. The meeting rooms on the upper floors served as the Town Hall and police lock-up in the 1880s and 90s. These rooms were later the site of the first Needham Cinema. Built in 1874, the building was replaced in 1928 by the current one-story structure.

Previous




Copyright 2003, Needham Historical Society