Needham Historical Society


Hand-pump Fire Truck, c. 1905.
This two-hand pumper was drawn by horses to the scene of a fire. It is shown in front of the old central Fire Station, on Chestnut Street approximately opposite the present central Fire Station. It remained in use until 1916, when its copper water tank was sold for scrap.

Previous




Copyright 2003, Needham Historical Society